Monday, March 13, 2006

Morning Kashi

I should be working, but I got hungry, so I made myself some hot Kashi cereal. Then I googled Kashi. Kashi - known for seven whole grains and sesame snacks, cereals, etc - started in La Jolla. And now I know... it is owned by Kellogg's. And Kellogg's also owns JT's favorite Veggie Corndog maker - Morningstar Farms. (Of course, veggie dogs don't actually have veggies in them, so it is a misnomer and a real shame.) One of these days we will all wake up and discover that only 3 companies run the whole world! (Google is trying to become the 4th.)

Pic: JT wants a "Bu" already before I am awake in the morning. And he didn't like the hot Kashi. Back to Quaker! (Ownded by Pepsi, by the way.) Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Steph said...

Veggie corndogs? Interesting. Sounds good. Food is so tough. I never know what to get. BLT really likes the Safeway mushroom & cheddar garden burger dipped in pizza sauce. I like the convenience. But then again, there is not that much veggie in a veggie burger!

So what does JT eat for breakfast?

Chris said...

The MSFarms Veggie Corndogs are really tasty. JT can eat a whole one (not on the stick). I tried a mushroom veggie burger - no go. He took a bite and spit it out. More for me! (And he wasn't happy with dipping it into yogurt sauce either. Not yet a dipper, I guess.)
For breakfast he eats oatmeal (some bites anyways), yogurt, and some banana and orange juice. (He will only eat the Kashi people in his stroller.

Steph said...

How do you cook the veggie corndogs? Micro or oven? We picked some up on JT's recommendation and I microwaved one. It was only okay. I think I did it a bit too long (30sec per side), so it was a bit rubbery. Mixed results...

Chris said...

Oh. We have a toaster oven and I just cook one about 16 minutes. The MSF stuff is always best in the oven, but you don't have a little oven for small portions, do you? I didn't even try it in the microwave. And I made one for JT yesterday and he only ate two bites. :( Oh, well.

Steph said...

Our microwave is also a conventional oven and it has a speed cook option which is conventional combined with heat lamps or something... Is a toster oven like a regular oven? Do you have to preheat? I can probably just throw it in the speedcook next time for better results.