Snow in Julian (the town), and rain in the rest of San Diego. It's a winter storm! And I had to dig out my one sweater leftover from Vienna.JT had a practice run at the Y's childcare today - they suggested we come three days in a row. A little difficult without a second car. However, I got to brave the rain and wind for a few minutes in the hottub. And JT got a balloon.
To make up for not waking him up to share lunch at our favorite Thai restuarant, we treated JT to his first (and second and third) Thin Mint. Yum.
And there is a commercial on TV with kids saying, "Thanks, mom and dad, for the processed and sugary snacks, fast food and the diabetes." Are we those bad parents?
We balanced out the cookie with some pizza with hidden shredded zuchinni and carrot and he liked it! HE ATE SOME VEGGIES! I am going to try and sneak the zuchinni into the pancakes tomorrow morning. And make a smoothie with this green juice I found at Trader Joe's.
Hopefully, everyone will be over their "crud" by tomorrow. Yes, JK said he had caught a "crud" today. Not a cold, just a grumpy, foul mood. Be careful, it spreads.
2 comments:
The weather has been weird here, too!
I wouldn't worry about being one of "those" parents. I think 3 girl scount cookies once in a while is just fine and maybe even necessary. Okay, maybe not necessary. Now I will have to go have some thin mints. I put a sleeve in the freezer for just such an emergency.
If he won't eat veggies, Bite-my-cookie.blogspot.com has a recipe for broccoli pancakes, which her Foo eats like, well, hotcakes. Basically it's a regular recipe of pancakes with probably a cup of pureed broccoli mixed on, and then she recommends plain yogurt or hummus for dipping.
Post a Comment