Sunday, February 26, 2006

Olympics: Austria Third or Not?

I just had to blog about this. Watching the Closing Cermemonies, a man interrupts a speech and shouts something, and the politicians keeps talking, and the NBC folks keep talking, as if they were commenting on this live. So instead of learning what the guy said, we know nothing, and the canival goes on. So I googled around and found that he yelled, "Passion lives in Tourino," which was the slogan of the Olympics. That's it? No anti-globalization or anti-Burlesconi slogan? Oh well.

My other Olympic blog-able item: according to the USA, Canada was third in medals, since they won 24 medals over all. According to Austria, Germany, etc., Austria was third (with 23 medals total) because the ranking somehow weights the medals (Austria won 9 golds, Canada 7). So, does Austria deserve to whoop it up in third place or not? I was making fun of Austrians for boosting themselves up in the rank, but hey, citizens of a small Alpen republic 1/10th the size of Germany won almost as many medals as the US! Gratuliere. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Hey there lady! Thanks for visiting mommymatic. We need to commiserate on the no-diss-getting-done thing, except that I was watching "Deal or No Deal" instead of The Bachelor, LOL.

How old's your guy? He looks about the same age as my son D, who is almost 14 mos.

And are you from the South?? How else would you know the twin addictions (more addictive than crack, I think) of Krispy Kreme and Sweet Tea!! I'm from NC.

Love the blog--let me know if you want me to blogroll you.

Steph said...

Speaking of Olympic medal counts... the local morning show host made a bet with a German radio statio over the medal count, so now he has to go on their station saying, "Germany rules!" Sort of funny. Which is really all that morning show host is anyways. :p