Friday, February 24, 2006

We went to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo

JT was afraid of the giraffes! One was really, really tall, and it seemed as if he could just lean over and lick the top of JT's head, so I took him out of the backpack and after that he enjoyed them much more. JT and his friend N also really liked the flamingos. I took some cute video of the boys at the fence and JT practicing walking. (He walks with his legs splayed and his arms out in front of him, zombie-like).
Tonight I played soccer. Yes, the mom of the house finally got to do something for herself. One of the teams of a local rec league needed females, so I volunteered. It's indoor soccer played outdoors on fake turf. Gotta love living in San Diego. I even got a shot on goal (unfortunately blocked)! So now I have a new Friday evening activity besides pizza and a movie.
Tonight the pizza dough came out really well (made while JT ate his cup of leftover mac&cheese), so I am including the recipe, even though it is just the basic recipe.

Pizza Dough Recipe

3 cups flour, more if needed (I used 1 cup whole wheat, 2 cups regular white.)
one packet active dry yeast dissolved in 1 cup warm water (about 110 F)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
some dried herbs (I used the standard rosemary, thyme, and oregano, and if I had basil I would have put some in - I need to get the garden started in the next few weeks.)
Mix together and knead 4-6 minutes. Let rise in covered, greased bowl for about 30-60 minutes. Punch down, and shape or roll out onto greased cookie sheet. Bake with toppings at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes. This makes one cookie sheet of pizza for us, but the crust was a tad thicker than we usually like.

Tonight's toppings were mushrooms and squash. JT liked the squash a bit but couldn't quite chew it because it was still al dente, so next time I will cook it to mush for him. It was also time for him to go to sleep when we finally got around to eating, so I am not sure if he will like the toppings or just spit them out as usual.) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Steph said...

If you think it's weird that BLT likes mushroom, I think it's weird that JT likes squash! We're jealous of the zoo. And I'm jealous of the soccer team. I feel like I don't have time for anything right now.