Video Sharing at DropShots.com
Since we speak "Germlish" at home, JT will probably speak a mish-mash, too.
Hopefully this won't be too confusing for his caretakers. And hopefully he won't decide that German isn't really necessary, since we are living in English and Spanish land.
We try to do English when I am home alone with him and then German whenever JK is home. But since JT says some things (like shoes) in English, I usually tell him the word in English and German. I believe that he will sort out the languages as he goes, especially since he seems to be developing at a normal pace and uses words and signs already. (Although I was worried at first.)
Now he knows some words in German and others in English. "Da" = there in German. Really. It is a real word. In the video, when I ask him to do a sign, I didn't show him the signs, he just did them. I didn't know he could do them "on command", so I was surprised. He also kept pulling at his right ear - he has a molar coming in, I discovered the corner of it peeking out of his gum the other day. He made up the flower sign himself - I think it was from reading his scratch-and-sniff book with the pictures of roses. He even pointed to a picture of a flower in another book and did the sign a couple days ago. That surprised me - he has abstracted the idea "flower". The elephant sign is supposed to be the trunk of the elephant and a noise like "hu-ow". (Maybe this is an unorthodox sign, too, I'm not sure.) Now as I am trying to post this video, he keeps coming over to watch it again, "shoes"!
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Oh, sure, ask him to show us ear when he's already holding on to it! :D
Just kidding, sure was cute! More video, please!
Happy Birthday BurliMom!
Gosh, that is cute. Of course, it makes me want to rush D to the developmental therapist, but dude, the cuteness! Oh, and PS How freaking much do I love dropshots??? They rock!
Post a Comment