Monday, November 02, 2009

He uses his hair...



...to sweep up dust bunnies for me while sucking his thumb. Today he scootched his whole head under the guest room futon (which has a cover that almost touches the floor) where the cats like to sleep, a.k.a. fur central.

***

Halloween was fun. JT had a great time and would have continued gathering treats, had we not put an end to it (his candy count was approx. 100 pieces - he might of eaten a few before he counted, thus the approx.). Our front house light (the front door to our house is on the side, and there is a light on the front of the house before you enter a little gate into the courtyard) decided to play hookey and went out, or so we thought. So we didn't get many trick-or-treaters and are left with half a large bag of Smarties. The pencils and erasers are mostly gone. Of course, the next evening, after Mr. Burli had taken the fixture apart and determined that there was a problem with the wiring, the light mysteriously started working again. Argh. 'Deferred maintainence,' Mr. Burli likes to say. Apparently whoever lived here the last 20 years or so did nothing much and just vegged in the living room (supposedly an older man who lived with his parents - who both died in the house and then he left/was kicked out (by his relatives or something?) and then the flippers attempted mostly cosmetic fixes and didn't really improve the house. No, I take that back. Supposedly they removed horribly stinky animal-stained carpet, took out popcorn ceilings from the whole house, put on a new roof, re-stuccoed, and put in newer windows. And the granite counters in the kitchen are nice, even though I would never have picked them and they are installed incorrectly. But, boy, I have gotten off topic here!
Back to Halloween. After crafting a ghost costume for the kiddo, he decided that it was too hard to see and he wore his engineer costume.

Mr. Burli is working away outside again tonight. If it weren't for this pesky 'fall back' time change, he would be able to work by sunlight for more than 5 mintes after work. Did I mention that I think San Diego should just remain on daylight savings time? Oh, I mentioned that before? Well, now you know I am serious. Yes, we would have to get up in the dark, but we could really enjoy the evenings with a little more sun. And the weather is nice here in the winter, so people can be outside in the evenings - jogging, gardening, whatever. So, please, write your senator and encourage the lawmakers to spend more of their time changing this and forget about balancing the budget. Because, honestly, it is unbalanceable.
Oh, and today Mr. Burli was home before we came back from the playground. 'I left at 5,' he claimed. Sorry, Mr. Burli, we got home at 5 and you were already there. I think someone 'forgot' to change his clock at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jt's hair job is a good description of the expression "a mop of hair". Looks like you had a fun Halloween. Yes, I think they ought to quit fiddling with the time. It's very confusing.
Love, Gma

Steph said...

Love the ghost costume! But the engineer is always a good one, too.

I, too, can't stand the time change. Now we can't play on the playground in the evening. Boo.