Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lack of Sleep in Fall

Tonight I am a bit distracted watching an episode of Glee on Hulu, so this post will be kind of discombobulated.

And lack of sleep is causing me to do all sorts of wacky things - I forgot my sunglasses at the library the other day, the next day I went to the grocery store and when I got to the check-out realized that I was no longer pushing my own cart (apparently I traded with someone while buying apples and only lost a few apples, some daffodil bulbs and my empty bags) and ... well, I am sure there was something else, but I have forgotten that as well.

To celebrate fall, we made some cookies, did an apple tasting, and JT and I went to a basketball game. He LOVED the game - he insisted on cheering for the 'blue team' (we were invited by friends who are Laker fans), got excited when the Nuggets got more than 80 points and even asked if they show basketball games on TV (being tv-less makes him less knowledgable about these things). I had fun, too, and now I think I should have been a sports anthropologist. I mean, the birdman (!?), the pagentry, the symbolism, the traditions, ...





Anyways, Saturday was the Boo! Parade down the Blvd., starting at our street.


 We also made mummy dogs (JT said he thought he would like them, then refused to try one until Mr. Burli made him eat a bite while swallowing a sip of smoothie - nearly causing a puking incident).

Oh the joys of kids. And then this morning ... he got up, got dressed (after kicking Tiny and I out of his bed because he had to do something 'secret' in his room), and got out breakfast all by himself as a surpise for all of us. WOW!





Oh, dear Blogger, why are you not cooperating?? Please disregard funny formatting... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which was the best apple? What a good breakfast surprise from the big bro! And yummy, the mummy dogs look good--maybe with a little mustard? And the cookies, too, but not with mustard!
Tiny holds his bib down to eat, and looks in the mirror--woohoo, he's getting old already!
Good luck finding some extra Zs--they're scarce around little people.
Love, momsie/gma

Steph said...

That is quite the apple tasting? Do tell the winner.

Mummy dogs look good! It all looks so fun. You all are always doing creative stuff.

Too funny about the cart! Did you get your bags back?

Anonymous said...

the mummy dogs are really cute, as are the frosted cookies. i used to buy shaped cookies like that as special treats for my kiddos...they loved them (make them? ha!). the boys are looking so cute too...tiny is really not so tiny anymore. they sure do grow up fast!

keren

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are all enjoying the fall festivities. Yes Tiny is growing up so fast and those eyes seem to be staying true blue. The food looks yummy. Miss you all.
Gma/ gt gma