...find something interesting to blog about!The other day I noticed that this plant that had been banned to the back corner of the yard for "ugliness" had a beautiful bloom. Actually there are several blooms on two less than spectucular plants. Maybe we can move them out of the corner.
Our pumpkins, on the other hand, seem to be succumbing to the versilicum rot - the leaves die starting at the roots and on up. And the roses have rose rust, even though we have fairly low humidity. Huh. I don't really have a green thumb. But if I ever have a yard again, I think I would definitely want some roses (so nice to cut and place inside), an orange tree (ours are pretty much done for the season - except for the ones we can't reach), and lots of herbs. But even my herbs are a little scraggly. Then again, my desk is a mess, I haven't had a chance to work on my writing in weeks and I haven't paid the bills for the month yet, I need to grade the midterms and order desk copies for my summer course, and I also just want to relax.
And JT is sometimes difficult, but this morning he told me a story after he woke up (perhaps it was his dream?):
Papa was in the playground by hisself. Then O. and JT went in. And Emma and Andy. It be fun.
Then when I asked him why he was wearing a different shirt when he came home today (papa picked him up), he said, "O. wash his hands, the water squirt my shirt."
He is pretty cute when he is not having a tantrum. :)

1 comment:
Beautiful flower! And what a good story!
May you have a nice Mother's Day to enjoy your family, and may you find some efficient hours next week to catch up on what you really want/need to do!
Love you, momsie
Post a Comment