Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Never-ending to-do list

A hiarcut wasn't on the to-do list, but JT's hair was a bit out of control. And yesterday he did a fabulous job at the dentist - he had 3 filling and 4 sealants and she pulled the top tooth that had been loose for months and had a tooth coming in already on top of it. Afterward, he asked, "was that laughing gas?" Yes, it was. "In the books I read it said it feels like floating or like fainting." How did you feel? "I just felt like I couldn't breath so good." He did fine. I stayed in the room and at the beginning was reprimanded for offering to let him hold my hand (since the dentist feels that the kids do better when the parents aren't too close. I was NOT hovering - I know how it feels when you are being sedated and could see he felt wierd. But he calmed down and I got distracted watching Cars 2 and grading (on the to-do list).
In any case, he got a haircut today - but refused to allow her to wet his hair at the sink. AND he specifically asked for short bangs, long on the sides and short(er) in the back. She showed him how much she was going to cut off and got his approval, and checked throughout. So this is the style he likes. (Not what I would have picked, but it is not my hair!)

We had yougurtland to celebrate. "This is Yorgurtland?!" Tiny said as we went in. I guess we haven't been there too often. He always insisted before that it was ice-cream-land. It is vastly different than the plain yogurt we eat every day.

Later he helped me cut up tofu. He tried a piece later and didn't like it (no big surprise - honestly, I wouldn't have eaten it as a child either. And this is the first time in a year or more that I made a tofu stir-fry. I just don't do that much soy anymore.

And since I have nothing else to do, here is another picture of a butterfly about to emerge. This pictures of it emerging? Don't exist. I went around to the front yard for about 10 minutes after taking this picture - came back and...

the butterfly was already out. Of course! But don't worry, there are about 20 catepillars munching away on the passionfruit vine right now. So we have plenty of chances to catch one in action one of these days - ff the to-do list were shorter and I could just sit there and watch them!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys' teeth are amazing, one set changing and one just a mouthful! Yogurtland is a good treat after the dentist and all. BTW, how did the monkey get in the bottom of the butterfly jar?
love to all, momsie

just jenn said...

Please feel free to let JT know that i never felt anything "floaty" about the laughing gas either, but he must have done well to get all that taken care of in one visit. maybe an immunity runs in the family?