(Sister Palooza 2011 in Denver should be posted soon - I promise! It was a hard week - I left the power cord for my computer in Denver - thanks for mailing it, J. - then my classes went so-so until I left my power cord in the classroom Thursday. Oops. And it was VERY loud in my classroom thanks to the construction project just outside the door. Even sealing the room, creating a mini-sweat lodge, even though it was a cool day, did not help. I had to yell to be heard over the giagantic hole-driller and concrete cutter. JT had half-days at school all week and I was so tired I made him read a book in the car after picking him up so I could take a quick nap. And I am still tired. But not so much because the power was out most of yesterday and all night, so we went to bed early.)
In the meantime, eat this! I made some mayacoba beans again (although they don't have any at my local grocery store anymore, I will have to check my local Mexican store. They are also sometimes labelled canary beans) and smashed about half of them, added some cumin and salt and pepper. Then I roasted some butternut squash cubes in olive oil with a little garlic and cooked some soy chirizo in a pan, to which I briefly added the roasted squash. Topped with some cilantro. Scratch that, I was so excited about the fact that I had cilantro at home and then realized it was just parsley. Topped with parsley.
You could serve it with some sour cream or some Mexican white cheese and a tortilla. Maybe a squeeze of lime would be good. (Why didn't I think of that before I ate it?)

2 comments:
That looks good to me, but dad really liked our butternut squash the other night with fake sugar in a sort of pie, rather than any veggie style I've tried.
momsie
oooh, i have most of these ingredients! well, like the parsley-cilantro, i have some kind of dried white bean that probably isn't nearly as good as mayacobas, but will do in a pinch. and i have a butternut squash and some soy chorizo (of all the random groceries!?).
Post a Comment