Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Good: Ocean-view room

Bad: it is a hospital room.
So I am stuck in the hospital for now. Apparently my appendix ruptured, possibly 11 days ago when I started to feel bad. I finally went to the doctor Friday and he diagnosed a kidney infection, which didn't seem right to me, seeing as I didn't have a tender feeling in the kidneys. (But neither did I have localized pain on the right side of the abdomen.) Monday I went for a follow-up, with a feeling that something was still wrong. He sent me to the ObGyn for a pelvic check and she sent me to the ER, pretty certain it was the appendix. So now I am here on IV antibiotics. They said they were going to put in a drain, but then an hour before that wass supposed to happen, the doctors came  by and said that the radiologist said it wasn't possible. So now I am in limbo, but hopefully thee antibiotics will work, the infection will reside, I can go home and then I come bck 6-8 weeks later for the appendectomy. What fun.
The kids can't come visit, Sammy had to switch to formula (luckily he transitioned well), and hopefully Mr. Burli is coping at home. It is a shock to become a Mr. Mom!
Hopefully I can check in again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a surprise! Heard via email you were in the hospital with a ruptured appendix. We are praying the antibiotics do their job and that you will soon feel much better. Mr. Burli will be a fine Mr. Mom. You just get your rest and work on feeling better! Love, AuntK

mel said...

If you can blog from the hospital then I have no excuses! I am thinking about you and hope you get better soon!

HBP said...

That sounds like no fun at all. Hope you feel better and can get out of there soon. I wish we were still in town so we could help out!