Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Recovery

Well, I am still in the hospital and now I guess the doctors have decided that the antibiotics are working and the infection is going down, which means I may get to go home tomorrow. Yeah!
(Yucky details -  the appendix ruptured and a ball of puss formed around it, and I guess the antibiotics are shrinking the puss ball. Gross. )
Good news - I got to take a shower this morning!
Bad news - I was taken out of my private room with a view and put into a room with another patient who has told the doctor she hasn't slept, so she has the shades down all the way. Sharing a room is very strange, since she gets to hear everything happening to me and vice versa. I haven't seen her yet, either. (I was only in the private room because that was what was available when I came in from the ER and they need it for a patient who needs to be isolated.)
So it appears I am on the mend and will (hopefully) get to go home tomorrow. I think I get to have some solids first to make sure that I can digest food (since I haven't eaten since Monday noon when I ate half a cinnamon roll), but otherwise the plan is I will continue on oral antibiotics at home, get a c/t scan at some point and then come in for an appendectomy in a few months.
I am looking forward to going home. I miss the boys very much and I can't get the pictures on my (any) blog to work, so I don't even have a recent picture. At the same time, I have felt really sick for about 2 weeks, so I am glad my mom is coming to help out and I have had a few days here to recover.

4 comments:

robyn marie said...

get well soon. thinking of you and the fam.

xo
robyn

Trina said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Best wishes on the home recovery!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your mom can come and help out! You need to just rest and relax-think of it as a mini vacation! R and R at home means you will get to see the out of doors when you want and sit in the warm sunshine! Love, AuntK

Stephanie said...

Glad you are on the mend!