Saturday, March 06, 2010

Back Home

Thanks so much for all the well wishes!! They must have worked, because I was discharged Thursday evening and came home. Unfotuntaely Tiny cried when he saw me and didn't want to be held (this nearly broke my heart), but perhaps I smelled too hospitally. With the immediate nursing-cessation and then me being gone, and then my mom appearing a few hours after me, he must have been very confused. I am also not supposed to be picking him up, which is very difficult - how am i supposed to comfort my child who loves to be held and carried in various pouches and carriers? Luckily his dad and grandma can provide extra attention.
JT, however, the original Lausbub himself (Lausbub = rascal), reportedly told his dad that he wanted me to stay in the hospital another day so he could have a day of grandma all to himself. But he did seem happy to see me and even crossed out "to grandma" on one of the 2 cards he made so he could give it to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers have been with you and I am glad that Sandy can be there with you. Take care of yourself and I hope the infection will soon be clear and the appendix removed.
Love, Gma/gtgma

Anonymous said...

Love those babes while sitting in a chair! Get lots of rest and let everyone pamper you! You'll need those running shoes again in no time! Glad to hear you are home-remember that there's no place like home! Love, AuntK

Steph said...

Well, that is a happy/sad post. Glad to hear you can snuggle with the babes again.

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh Chris! I've been away too long, I hope you are on the mend soon. It must have been killer to come home to the baby with that reception. :-(