Tuesday, April 22, 2008

One Earth

Boy: Is there one earth for each place - like San Diego?
Father: No there is just one earth.
Boy: Oh, I didn't know. I thought there was one earth for each place.

In our small corner of the universe, we pulled out the last of the fava beans (which were too old and tasted more like lima beans, which I don't like), and re-seeded the corner of the garden with beans, carrots, radishes and chives, added in a purple basil plant and a lemon thyme, since herbs are always good, and considered our endive plants, which I am waiting to flower so I can gather the seeds for next fall/winter. (I think all but one will be going next weekend to make room for another summer crop.)Bonus question of the day: what are these insects? I found them on the remains of a chili pepper plant.
P.S. The various items in the garden are kitty-deterent measures.

1 comment:

just jenn said...

shoot. i keep writing comments, previewing them and then clicking edit instead of publish so they disappear. earlier i tried to say ...
eeeww. what kind of poke-y looking bugs are those? and i wondered if the cat-face-scarecrow worked or just looked fun? i think a squirrel ate my tomato plant already.
p.s. bread in pot - neat, needed more salt or herbs or oomph of some sort, but did not need to be a half-sized recipe. it made a very small loaf in the pot. i'll have to try again.