Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Crazy Weekend

What we do on the weekends around here:


This weekend was a wierd mixture of good and bad. We had a heatwave. It was pretty hot. We got up early on Saturday only to discover that our friend did not actually need us to come over, so instead we went to breakfast at Big Kitchen in South Park. (Whoopi and Rachel Ray ate there. No, not the day we were there, but it was small, cute and quirky.) We did not know that you have to pay with cash or check, but luckily I had my checkbook along; unluckily I was out of checks. Luckily there was an ATM across the street, but I imagine it cost a fortune in fees. Thousands of calories later, we returned home so I could work on my editing project. And I discovered that my computer had decided to kick the bucket while we were out. But, even though this meant I had to ask my friend to extend her deadline, all was not lost. Our resident computer expert, aka hubby, set up our desktop (or maybe it had been set up for ages. I don't actually know.) and found me a laptop to use, salvaged my harddrive, and then, as a bonus, ripped out the toilet, replaced a wax ring, and decided that we need to replace some of the subflooring as well.

(Aren't you glad that we don't have smell-o-internet yet?)


And in between we hung out in the shade (it was cooler in the shade than in our house), went swimming, went to Lowe's, did some crafts, and drank at least 2 pitchers of homemade lemonade. Oh, and Monday JT got a new cousin!
This is a set of parent-child aprons for the German School silent auction. JT helped pick out the fabric. I have to make him a child-size one, since he tried this one on and thought it was his.
I made 2 sets of a little t-shirt and reversible mini-tote bag for the International School silent auction, which happens to be on the same day as the German school auction/fundraiser. And by the way, it only took me a whole day to figure out how to sew a tote bag. There is a nice useless tube-thingee made of the same material sitting on my desk right now. That was an early version. (And yes, I even followed instructions, but apparently I have no ability to understand sewing directions or envision how a pattern will fit together.) PS The boy has also requested that I sew him a shirt with a flower on it. I just want to squeeze him, he is so cute!

4 comments:

just jenn said...

what in the world are those boys doing? and what is JT singing? i'm impressed with the craftiness of the sewing and the handiwork with the plumbing - can't wait to see what this weekend brings. :)

Steph said...

I, too, am wondering what is going on in the video. Let us know!!

Anonymous said...

Hm, my earlier comments maybe got lost? Or I probably goofed..
I did think you made some neat items for the sales, just sorry I didn't have enough time to help. So I hope the bath reconstruction went by swiftly, or did you get a portapotty?
Loved being there, and miss you all. I know the boys would have a good time together! They are so alike and so different!
Love, gma/momsie

Jordan Dossett said...

Can anyone tell me why it sounds like JT is screaming Fabio?