The air outside is so dry, you can almost feel your lips chapping.
At our house, all is calm. The smell of the fires lingers, stronger at times, depending on the direction of the wind.
It seems like new fires are popping up all over. Possibly there are 11 burning now, but the information is somewhat confusing. I just heard that Julian is evacuating as well. The fire to the South seems to be moving North/Northwest and the other one keeps going West.
Perhaps 300,000 people have been evacuated.
The University is closed for the week.
No news on JK's office, but I think the fire was a little North of it.
JK went to the Y this morning (still open) and then volunteered at Qualcomm, and maybe some people are going to come camp in our backyard. I think his Zivildienst training is coming in handy.
JT somehow managed to get some sort of cold. He had a fever last night and is hovering around 99.5 today. I guess it is a good week to be sick, since really he should stay inside and avoid the fumes. Although here in North Park, people are out, walking about, and life *almost* seems normal.
1 comment:
Julian is evacuating? You see the potential for confusion here, right?
LT's dad
Post a Comment