
Just a quick post (I have papers to grade) to say Happy Birthday. His party was quite fun - all due to his ideas. He had 2 books (Mein 2. Geburtstag) and Fiesta! that inspired his birthday wishes - he wanted birthday hats, a brown cake with m&m's on it, and a pinata. (Picture of finished pinata next time, I promise!)
The sun was shining, we hung streamers around the trees, and the kids made bubbles, played at the sand table, pushed trucks around, and were just kids.

On that note, we visted a church with some relatives today, but apparently they have a "no kid" policy. Luckily the music zonked JT out (even though it was loud, very good band), and he slept in the back. The pastor (or guru - it is a personality-centered church) even mentioned that he was not happy when kids were there another time, and I read a interesting post about kids at the service by another of the pastors, who has 3 kids of his own. Interesting how many people have strong opinions about kids NOT being there. Yikes. I mean, we would have taken JT out if he had been loud, but come on. Kids are kids, and especially at this age, kids don't want to go hang out with strangers. Yes, many kids don't mind, but those who haven't been in daycare, etc., usually don't do too well in the kids' room. We don't take JT to places that are inappropriate for him - bars or whatever, but we do take him most everywhere - he has gone to university lectures, art museums, restaurants, etc. And I breastfed there, too. So there!
Anyways, if he had been fussy and such, I would have taken him out. Just the fact that he is pre-empted irks me.
1 comment:
Okay, our church has a nursery for kids so people aren't disturbed--and kids aren't bored--during the service, but DUDE to actually say that kids aren't welcome?? For all the hate that Christians get, at least they usually love love love the kids. :)
Post a Comment