
Tonight we celebrated with:
Emmental broccoli croissants (alright, it was a Pillsbury bake-off recipe winner from a few years ago - ham and swiss braid or something like that. I just tweaked it a bit: add lots more broccoli, only one croissant pkg, a little turkey instead of ham and don't measure anything.), home-grown lettuce with herbed goat cheese and balsamic vinagrette (recipe to follow below, so that I can find it again), and carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
JT's dinner (he likes to eat at 6 before JK gets home) was leftover mac&cheese with spinach (he actually ate spinach!) and chik'n nuggets. I tried giving him the nuggets in stick-form with pizza dipping sauce. It was a no-go. Then I took him out of the high chair and decided to eat the other nuggets for a snack. He then wanted them himself and proceeded to eat 2. (Apparently some foods he likes to eat on the go.) Yeah! He also ate watermelon for a snack today - for once I found a fruit that doesn't get eaten in 5 seconds. I gave him a smallish chunk and he worked on it for about 5 minutes. (In contrast, he also ate almost 2/3 of a can of mandarin oranges in about 2 minutes earlier and that was after he had already eaten 1/2 of another can of them at N's house.) After his bath, he also ate some carrot cake (although he scorned the frosting), which had 3 cups of carrots and a cup of applesauce as well as 1/2 whole wheat flour for extra "healthiness". Of course, it also had a cup of white and a cup of brown sugar in it, too. Some things "muss sein"!
Yummy dressing (modified from recipe found on-line):
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
2 smooshed garlic cloves
salt and pepper
No comments:
Post a Comment