Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving and Pies

Today I didn't take any pictures, it is already late, and we just watched Lost. This afternoon I went to "work" while JT played with his babysitter. He really seems to enjoy playing with her. He even cried when she left. (He always cries a bit when I leave. Today she was able to distract him with the piano.)
So, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Enjoy! We will be eating at a friend's house, and so I made a pumpkin pie. As it was baking I realized that I forgot to add the sugar. Urgh. So I made a second pie. After this one came out, I realized that I had forgotten the salt! So, we will just have an unsalted pie. What would Thanksgiving be without a few mix ups...
We are thankful for lots this year. JT for one - he is a bundle of joy. And his good health after the breech birth and associated trauma (mostly traumatic for us, JT won't remember much). The health of our families and friends, the many trips we were able to take this year, and so on and so forth. Watching the nightly news, we really feel fortunate.
We are also glad that we will not be eating a fried turkey tomorrow (someone burnt down their house frying one in the garage). Just an unsalted pie.

No comments: