
Thanksgiving - a time to give thanks. Today I read an article about the earthquake in Pakistan and continuing relief efforts, an article about Katrina victims, heard about the war in Iraq, saw that there was an earthquake in Iran, and complained that my sweater made me look dowdy. I read somewhere about a woman who kept a little notebook by her bed and everyday she wrote down something that she was thankful for that day. Perhaps I should do the same. In college, I posted a list "5 things I am thankful for this week" outside my dorm room each week. Maybe we should all do this. Just take a couple minutes and think about all the good things we have and enjoy. Today I am listing these 5:
1. Thanksgiving dinner with the movie "7 Up",
2. Waking up in a warm bed with JT, JK and Diego and Koroschka (the cats),
3. Chocolate ornaments on the Christmas tree,
4. The swimming pool on campus and weekend swims, and
5. Enough quarters to do the laundry.
Being grateful isn't about religion, but about restructuring your thoughts to recognize the good things in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment