...or rather, NOT so lately. This post got stuck in the pipeline. Saved as a draft, it languished in my blogger post list and waited for me to return. I had great intentions of returning and adding pictures and some kind of witty remarks, but alas, I had other things to do such as prepare for a trip, take a trip, herd small children around, break up fights, feed small children, deny millions of requests to watch TV, allow several hundred requests to watch TV and/or play minecraft, etc. So we are back in town (after a late night run through the Denver airport last night) and I will have to post about the trip once I get the photos downloaded, but in the meantime, you can enjoy these:

Heirloom tomatoes "Black Krim," a beefsteak type tomato, great for sandwiches. Our one plant (in the front garden box, unstaked) has made way too many tomatoes. Many were feed to the chickens since I neglected to pick them on time. Others were given away to the neighbors, some were made into tomato salad (either with onion and apple cider vinegar/olive oil or with basil, mozzarella and balsamic vinegar/olive oil) and others were made into tomato sauce and BBQ sauce (some canned, some frozen).
Heirloom tomatoes "Black Krim," a beefsteak type tomato, great for sandwiches. Our one plant (in the front garden box, unstaked) has made way too many tomatoes. Many were feed to the chickens since I neglected to pick them on time. Others were given away to the neighbors, some were made into tomato salad (either with onion and apple cider vinegar/olive oil or with basil, mozzarella and balsamic vinegar/olive oil) and others were made into tomato sauce and BBQ sauce (some canned, some frozen).
(And obviously the bugs have liked them, too.) I picked one off the plant this morning and will have to see how many have rotten away during our trip...
And the peaches from our small tree were amazing. We had about 6 or 7 and they were sweet and juicy. Two of them had bite marks on them (from the cute baby possum, most likely), but I trimmed that part away. (Although on second thought, maybe that was a bad choice because I had a terrible case of food poising or some kind of GI thing for 2 days, causing a pain in my rear-end (literally). Can you get sick from possum saliva?)
But let's get back to more pleasant things like this galette (recipe from thekitchenmagpie).

2 comments:
i love the galette with puff pastry idea! (i've made spinach/kale triangles with puff pastry before - also tasty, but probably a little more work.)
tonight, i walked through the farmers' market, and the apricots are so pretty. i wish we were closer to share some marillenknoedel.
i don't know about possum saliva. eeww. but do you have a bbq sauce recipe to share?
All looking good! I don't know how you manage everything. I'm barely folding laundry these days, let alone gardening.
Post a Comment