The Christmas break was way too short. I didn't finish most of the things on my (mental) to-do list (like sew pillow covers, etc.). Mostly I am just recovering. JT went back to school Monday, Tiny went back to his daycare and my first class is tomorrow morning was this morning. (It went okay, but somehow 10 students wanted to add, making my class full. Last semester the same class started out with about 22 and ended up with 15.)
The kids and I went to the Safari Park - our memberships run out at the end of the month. This is how JT enjoyed the tram ride. I enjoyed looking at the animals with Tiny. Like these:
And of course the vegetation is amazing. The aloes were already blooming (none of mine are yet - different microzone).
It has been really warm this month - we need rain and a cool off! The park even had the misters on.
We also had one last trip to the desert before school. JT's friend even came along. (His mom and I were a little concerned since this was his first sleepover with a friend, but he did fine. I am sure JT would do fine as well - he has balked at going out of fear of starving to death when he doesn't like the food at someone else's house.)
Pancakes and strawberries: yum. This time I made my own batter and shook it in a little jug. They turned out perfect. Next time I am bringing bacon. Maybe.
We had a rousing game of Quirkle until JT's friend's parents and sister showed up and we hiked up Palm Canyon. It was dark by the time we were back at the campsite.
And of course Tiny was up early to take in the orange light!
And now we are back to normal. Well, JT felt a little sick after his first day back to school - BOTH ears were hurting. A little medicine from his brother, however, was all he needed and the earaches were gone a day later.

3 comments:
Great post! Giraffes, quirkle, doctors, and great subjects! Good luck to all of you, students and teachers, workers and players, as you embark on a New Year! Stay healthy!
Love, momsie/gma
I enjoyed my blog visit. It sounds like your year is off and running full speed.
Love, GmaH
Dr. Tiny looks very competent! Glad JT is enjoying the books!
Post a Comment