Thursday, June 17, 2010
We have pumpkin!
I do love it when JT says things like, "Today was the best day ever!" But I find it more tiresome to hear, "You are the worst mommy ever" or "Auntie J is the saddest person in the world because she doesn't have anything to eat." By anything to eat, he of course meant things that he liked to eat. Duh.
Anyways, he was impressed at her forest, however, and decided she had the best backyard ever. And it was pretty awesome - a large grassy area to play soccer, a playset overgrown by vines, a gigantic rose bush, a little surprise pond, a magical carpet of miniature strawberries, and so much green! I had forgotten how green a place can be with a little moisture. Here in SD we have about 3/4 of the year without rain, so things are less green. However, we had a rainy start to the Spring and with our drip irrigation now in place, we should have lots of green to tide us over. And when we returned from DC, our tomato plants had become crazy multi-armed hydras (somehow I didn't know that is what tomatoes do, I have never successfully grown any!), our bean and gourd teepee started to take off (finally), and we have been watching our sunflowers grow taller than the fence and taller and taller... And in the front yard (yes, the front yard, we don't live in a neighborhood with a HOA) we have a pumpkin.
(This was June 7. I'll try and take another picture tomorrow.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
there's even less food in the house now, so i must be really sad. i think the bunny ate the flowers off my tomato plant, but we'll see how it turns out.
Hey Chris,
when are you coming over to Austria? I am due in five weeks :-) Might see you before then...
Julia
Post a Comment