Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Exploring

 

A giraffe and a shark explore the forest.
We surprised my mom by showing up at my sister's house outside Washington DC last Wednesday. The kids and I flew in Tuesday, and my parents had no idea we were coming. Then my other sister (who was suppsoedly watching my parents' cats) and then my other sister and her younger son showed up. Surprise! We had a little birthday celebration for my mom and then Sunday my sister graduated from Georgetown's law school. Now we have a lawyer in the family, so I am allowed to watch even more rerums of Law and Order.
JT told my sister she was the luckiest person in the world because she had her own forest. He was amazed at the woods and trees that were all around and he was sure there was no city, just woods. (She lives in a nice sized house with a nice lot, but not actually a forest. However, if you are from SoCal, this is a jungle. I'd nearly forgotten about humidity!)
The rest of the family members have gone home and back to work, but Tiny, JT and I are staying an extra week to visit some friends and do some sight-seeing. I hope I survive!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice surprise! love, momsie/gma