Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Couple Pictures


Okay, Auntie S. and others, I am trying to post some pictures for you. Mostly I am just too tired to do much in the evening, plus we are coping with some more home repairs (the current problem is the incorrectly installed drain plumbing under the kitchen sink). We did attempt some family pictures on Sunday, so hopefully we can send out our announcements soon. But somehow all our pictures end up like this:


It take a lot of energy to get all 4 of us ready at the same time and cooperating for the camera. (And forget about studio portraits, a certain 4 year old will NOT have his picture taken by a stranger.)

Besides that, I don't have any clothing that fits. I knew that would happen, since I had the same problem after JT was born. I still look pregnant, my chest is inflated and somewhat lopsided, I am wearing a post-partum belt (this really is comfortable - helps hold in the organs and support the back), and of course, at some point I will have spit-up stains, etc. But black is slimming, right?

Baby S is doing well and was almost back to his birth weight at one week and has now excursioned out to the library and the grocery store. We have shifted to the cloth diapers, and it appears that we will be doing lots of extra laundry. He also seems to have a bit of a stomach ache this evening and it could be a long night.

JT had a playdate today - it was a very calm visit and for that I am very grateful. The two boys did a lot of parallel play but they also played together some. They even managed to play the Mouse Trap game without hardly any help from the moms (besides a little reading help with 'lose a piece of cheese'). The game was JT's big brother present and he has now played it ... oh 100 times at least!

4 comments:

Steph said...

I think the family picture looks great! Perfect shot of JT. :)

SJ is a cutie pie!

kim said...

He is adorable!! Congrats!

just jenn said...

JT looks a little like a muppet when he's upside down. and SJ has reddish hair?!

i hope your (physical) house settles down soon; so many challenges there. i still can't wait to visit.

Anonymous said...

you are such a brave girl to do cloth diapers. i used them with just the oldest. i know the whole ecology side of it...but just for the sake of sanity, i switched to disposables for my last two! plus, our state has a water shortage...so that would have been a good argument for disposable for me, if i'd lived here when i had babies.

k