Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Big Belly
Just a really big belly, lots of heartburn, and no baby! The doctor scheduled the c-section for Sunday, so unless I go in to labor before then, it will be another long recovery. I am a little disappointed. It feels like the doctor is just trying to make it convenient for herself and is not very positive about a natural birth. Today she did say that I would have to have an epidural even with a vbac, just in case I have to have a c-section. That is what I figured. Once you get into the medical world of insurance regulations and scheduling conflicts, your choices are limited (no pictures of the c-section this time, no taking the placenta home, etc.), and what millions of women have done for millions of years is highly regulated and over-medicalized. But of course we are hoping for a healthy baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It is looking on the large size! Must be about ready to come out. We are waiting, little baby! :)
From what I have heard, a scheduled c-section has a much easier recovery than laboring for a long while and then having an emergency c. So there is that. Try to be positive.
Hopefully we will meet baby F? baby T? before then!
wow! that's one belly... maybe he'll decide to make an appearance on, oh i don't know, the 5th?
all our dogsburger love and good thoughts are coming your way. :)
Post a Comment