Here is the first photo installment I promised...

(And yes, it was so hot I had to buy this big pool so I could fit in, too.)

Simultaneous laundry room and kitchen fix-ups (The dishwasher now works if you put a knife under the front wheels before you turn it on so the arm can turn; the dryer is now stacked on top of the washer after a electrical outlet rewiring process but we need to replace the vent with a periscope vent to gain another inch and at some point wire a new circuit since the range and dryer are on the same circuit, which means maybe you can only do one of those things at once and also the dryer outlet appears not to be properly grounded - which reminds me, Uncle M, Uncle G - don't you need a vacation in California with a little home improvement thrown in?):




Fire department coming to my steamy shower rescue (The story is such - I was taking a shower and thought that Mr. Burli had already left for work. Thus, when the front door dinged - if you open it, it makes a noise because of alarm system, which we thought was deactivated - I was worried that JT was running out to see the trash truck, so I quickly jumped out of the shower, and opened the bathroom door. I saw that Mr. Burli was actually still there with JT looking at the trash truck so I was a bit angry, and went back inside to dress and yikes! the fire alarm went off, so I went outside again yelling at them to turn it off! (I couldn't think how to turn it off as my ears were bleeding from the loudness.) Finally, it was off, Mr. Burli got in the car, I put on my clothes and begin giving JT a talk about how angry and scared I was because I thought he went outside without me, and then the door dinged again - and there was Mr. Burli with the fire department - as he was driving away, he saw the truck come racing down the street and turned around... Apparently the alarm system was still activated. Now how were we supposed to know that?):

Dining room, as it was for a while (now the table is accessible and the piano is in the living room - my sewing desk is now in that corner, because there is no room in the office/guest room. We also need a shelf/sideboard/something-or-other for cookbooks, tablecloths, misc. toys, etc. that are still in a pile on the floor):


Backyard (note back door - it has been taken off at least 5 times already):
(And yes, it was so hot I had to buy this big pool so I could fit in, too.)
Simultaneous laundry room and kitchen fix-ups (The dishwasher now works if you put a knife under the front wheels before you turn it on so the arm can turn; the dryer is now stacked on top of the washer after a electrical outlet rewiring process but we need to replace the vent with a periscope vent to gain another inch and at some point wire a new circuit since the range and dryer are on the same circuit, which means maybe you can only do one of those things at once and also the dryer outlet appears not to be properly grounded - which reminds me, Uncle M, Uncle G - don't you need a vacation in California with a little home improvement thrown in?):
Dangerous gas turn-on valve in living room (now removed; this involved an emergency call to the gas company and an expensive visit from the plumbers):
Living room on move-in day (oops, I knocked over that lamp the other day, so now we need a new lamp since there is no overhead light in there...):
Living room tonight:
Fire department coming to my steamy shower rescue (The story is such - I was taking a shower and thought that Mr. Burli had already left for work. Thus, when the front door dinged - if you open it, it makes a noise because of alarm system, which we thought was deactivated - I was worried that JT was running out to see the trash truck, so I quickly jumped out of the shower, and opened the bathroom door. I saw that Mr. Burli was actually still there with JT looking at the trash truck so I was a bit angry, and went back inside to dress and yikes! the fire alarm went off, so I went outside again yelling at them to turn it off! (I couldn't think how to turn it off as my ears were bleeding from the loudness.) Finally, it was off, Mr. Burli got in the car, I put on my clothes and begin giving JT a talk about how angry and scared I was because I thought he went outside without me, and then the door dinged again - and there was Mr. Burli with the fire department - as he was driving away, he saw the truck come racing down the street and turned around... Apparently the alarm system was still activated. Now how were we supposed to know that?):
Dining room, as it was for a while (now the table is accessible and the piano is in the living room - my sewing desk is now in that corner, because there is no room in the office/guest room. We also need a shelf/sideboard/something-or-other for cookbooks, tablecloths, misc. toys, etc. that are still in a pile on the floor):
Possible rug for kitchen (but now I am thinking it is too boring... The color on the wall to the left of the door is 'raw linen' - sort of a creamy off white with a hint of pink. The colors of the rug can be anything, really, I just need a color. Any suggestions? And the dining room has a weird green on the walls, but eventually we may paint there, too.):
Office/guest room, with over-packed bookcases (and wooden rolling chair I got at a thrift store today for 14 dollars, and by the way, where should we put that giant printer?):
Panda bear that lives in the backyard (okay, we went to the zoo today, but boy, she is cute!):
5 comments:
Looks really nice!
I can't believe all the painting and all you are doing right away! Very impressive.
Did you get rid of your old living room couch? Or do you have both a family & a living room in the new place? Just curious becuase I see you have the futon in the living room. The living room looks really good - it all came together nicely, and fast!
The backyard grass really doesn't look that dead to me - maybe it will perk up with a little watering!
You have a lovely home as I see it through the pictures. You will enjoy it after you get nested in and all the booboos mended.
Love, gma
Sounds like an exciting moving in experience. It will be fine, take your time and don't overdo yourself. The house looks so inviting and cozy. We will need to make another trip to CA sometime to see this home and the family. Love, AuntK
turquoise! (for the kitchen rug) maybe something in that family of brighter blue with enough of a teal/green to pick up off the dining walls alittle.
you guys have done so much in the past few weeks, i'm glad to see you got a pool to relax in.
i'd like to borrow your panda, please. and that office chair is great.
You have an amazing house! And that chair - what a steal! Best wishes on fixing the rest of it up. What you have started looks great.
Also, you had asked about cleaning stainless steel appliances awhile ago. I don't have any, but I did see something on a home improvement show about using extra virgin olive oil. I'm not sure how it works without leaving a greasy residue but it would be something to look into.
Post a Comment