Thursday, April 23, 2009
Family Foto
Good enough for the Christmas card? Oops, I didn't send one this year... what happened???
Um, we still didn't move. We may or may not move this weekend. Calamities so far:
* The power in laundry room in old house went out (turns out there was a bad breaker - I had already blamed it on the microwave and took it outside to be disposed of. Now I can bring it back in to sell on CL.)
* Closing on new house delayed for ?? some sort of reason. But after multiple calls, etc., we might be able to have our loan fund tomorrow and move in anyways.
* Um, I was supposed to transfer the electricity and water into our name already? How was that supposed to work seeing as we didn't have a closing date? So if we do move, there will be power, but no gas and probably no water. Until Tuesday. Oops.
* Trying to buy a fridge on CL just wasn't working - a. we don't have a truck and b. it was already hard to get our friends with trucks and muscles to agree to pick up the washer/dryer we bought on CL and to convince them to help load and unload our rental truck, which, as I mentioned, may be rented on Sunday, or maybe not. (We broke down and ordered a fridge from a clearance-outlet-place.)
* Picked a color for living room - stable hay, I think. I hope we like a light yellow living room.
* Convinced the kid that a bright neon green and red room is not conducive to sleep. (These were his second choices after puke green + lavender.) Now we have to paint scenery on his walls.
* I ran out of boxes already. And I still have almost all of the kitchen to pack and all of JT's room. And somehow he has a lot of toys.
* I was really craving malted milk, but the closest thing they had at the store was Olvatine. It is not tasty to eat with a spoon, but it is drinkable. Perhaps I can skip my vitamin after drinking 3 glasses of the stuff?
Um, that is all. Nothing really calamitous. JT is ready to move, but he does want us to get rid of the princesses in his room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Nothing calamitous, just the unexpected excitement and bumps of moving! Just think--another week and you will be at home in your house! Now that is exciting!
love, momsie
Yes, very exciting!
I love the boy! Did JT make that at preschool? Such a creative idea. Is he also your photographer? Is that why Papa's head is missing? :)
Don't feel bad about your friends helping move the washer/dryer. There're really not *that* heavy. Now the rest of your stuff ...
I am growing increasingly suspicious that you dye JT's hair. The only person I ever saw this color on was Rocky and he was made by Dr. Frank'N'Furter.
Grats for the house, I am really excited. Space for a workbench, ahh.
Arnold from the ancient town of Vienna
yes, good enough for Christmas and/or Swiss Days. in fact, it might be perfect considering the photog.
p.s. isn't neon green & red just a brighter version of puke green & lavender? for some reason this reminded me that i was walking to the metro last week and passed a large outdoor parking lot (last one in the city?) and experienced a flashback to the late 80s/early 90s. turns out The Dead were in town (not so Grateful in name these days, but definitely in the spirit)....
My bedroom was orange. I slept just fine.
Uncle Mike
Post a Comment