Friday, March 27, 2009

Pho, good stuff. And other random items.

Yes, we are here! Monday was my last day of work. And now I am officially unemployed, well, let's call it maternity leave. Hopefully I will find part-time work starting in January or so.) I had lots of grading to do and general other things (did I mention that we are in the process of buying a house - whenever something exciting happens, I will blog then), and finally I have a little time to catch up and recover a bit. So what else have we being doing?



I ate some Pho with veggies and tofu. Most of my readers are familiar with Pho, but if you aren't, it is a Vietnamese beef broth with noodles. You can get it with tripe and all sorts of meat or not. It comes with some Thai basil, bean sprouts, lime, peppers, etc. to customize the flavor to your desire. (The scissors at this restaurant were for cutting up the basil.)


We had some great weather and JT's friend came over to jump in the sprinkler.

JT became more attached to his "Pandi" who then was lost for 4 days. This morning he made some signs to hang around his preschool in case he left Pandi there. Luckily, Pandi was actually in the car under the driver's side seat, where we had neglected to look. JT also made Pandi a 'gootie' bug friend named Justin, who is involved in all sorts of role-playing. (Hopefully he is working through his emotions with the bug, who cries when he is left alone, etc.) By the way, he does pick out his own clothes, in case you are wondering...

And JT took lots of pictures, this is one. Note: very tired looking, bad hair (no time to fix it), large rear-end (now I know where most of the 25 pounds I have gained are hiding), droopy pants, and 30 weeks! The other day I felt like my abdomen could not get any larger. Then I tried on the plaster belly cast from my pregnancy with JT (done at 38 weeks) and there was still at least another inch room left over. Yikes. But the nursing bra I wore then is already too small. Double yikes!!
Which reminds me, I am officially a middle-aged woman. I had to buy a new bra and a day later - pop! the underwire came out and stuck me under the arm. So I sewed up the hole it had popped out of. Then the next week, pop! the same underwire came out the other side. Boo-hoo. This had never happened to me before. I remember my mom ALWAYS having trouble with those pesky underwires. I have decided to take it as a sign of middle-aged-ness. At least it is a fixable sign!

4 comments:

Trina said...

While I won't comment on the underwire situation (its something that I apparently have to look forward to), I am excited to hear about the house hunting! Hopefully all is going well. Do keep us updated!

Steph said...

Pho-tastic!

Are you done with school then for good? Or by part-time job, do you mean one at the university?

You guys look good!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE pho...I need a good recipe. Good luck with the delivery and all...I'm not envious of you in any way. JT is such a fun little guy...love those little overalls.

Keren

just jenn said...

are you allowed to use a sprinkler? or does it just have pho-water?? (sorry, terrible pun and i've never actually eaten pho, although i think it sounds delish) ...