Just so you know, the kid is not such a great hiker. And Mr. Burli made us give up on this hike even though I was certain we could make it to the mine. But we turned around since even though we saw 2 golden eagles and looked for various nature-type stuff to draw later - I had suggested nature bingo where you draw pictures first and then cross then out but JT insisted it would be better to draw them after the hike - he just wasn't into the hike. On the way up the mountain (it was a reverse hike), I had to carry him in this pack. He is much too big, but it still is easier than carrying him on my shoulders.
3. Eat lunch at the Austrian restaurant at Lake Cuyamaca. The aforementioned kid had a meltdown after the hike and nearly went crazy in the car. Apparently he was hungry, because he gulped down his 3 large chicken tenders and half a plate of french fries at this place. And Mr. Burli must have also been thirsty for those 2 Austrian beers that he ordered to go with his Wienerschnitzel.)
5. Go on a short nature hike the next day to admire the way nature has recovered 5 years after the big fire in this area.
6. Take pictures of interesting plants. These are seed pods from a century plant, I think.
2 comments:
I thought Mr. Burli was JT at first and was wondering why a 3 year old was having 2 beers. :D Sounds like it was a pretty sucessful camping trip, really.
I would have been waiting for the S'Mores, too.
backwards hoodie = brilliant idea!
and please let mr. burli know that i went out of my way for a gosser rather than the ubiquitous stiegl in his honor. :)
Post a Comment