Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wierd Winter Storm, Check

Let's recap the last few days:

70+ degree weather on the weekend, check.


Wierd winter storm, complete with snow in Julian and rain, wind, and cold yuckiness here, check.


Another fever and mystery flu, check. (Stay home from school, meeting cancelled.)


And now, double earaches, check.

Luckily he was well enough yesterday to do some artwork.



And there was berry monkey bread for Valentine's Day! (He refused to smile, even those he said it looked "awesome!" - and then he spit out his bite. Oh well, more for us.

At the gym last week I watched some strange cooking show while jogging on the treadmill, and the "chef" made this recipe (with blueberries), approximately. I tweaked a bit, esp. since I didn't have ear phones, so I don't know what the guy was saying.

open one pop-can of big low-fat biscuits
cut those in half.
dip them in lemon juice and then in cinammon-sugar.
pop those babies in a greased bundt pan (or angel food cake pan) into which you have already thrown some frozen berries. wiggle them around if you want the berries spread about. or not.
bake for a while. maybe 15 minutes. (depends on if you accidentally turn off the oven like i did.)
enjoy!

Just watch out for strange fuzzy catepillers on fava bean bush:

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

That Berry Monkey Bread looks pretty good -- any idea what show that was?

mel said...

how come both the boys enjoy the artwork and I don't have a artsy gene in my body??