Braised Cabbage - how I love thee. The hubster kept asking how I got all that flavor into the cabbage - surely I added some spices or herbs or something. Nope. Onion, carrot, beef broth (actually leftover Pho in the fridge, but chicken or veggie stock would be excellent as well), olive oil, salt and pepper. It is much too easy. And I even poached an egg without having it turn into egg drop soup. This would be a great side dish for mashed potatoes and nut loaf or meatloaf, or it is just great as a main course.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Eat More Veggies
Braised Cabbage - how I love thee. The hubster kept asking how I got all that flavor into the cabbage - surely I added some spices or herbs or something. Nope. Onion, carrot, beef broth (actually leftover Pho in the fridge, but chicken or veggie stock would be excellent as well), olive oil, salt and pepper. It is much too easy. And I even poached an egg without having it turn into egg drop soup. This would be a great side dish for mashed potatoes and nut loaf or meatloaf, or it is just great as a main course.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yummm...maybe even beano would like this!
momsie
Looks yummy! You are quite the cook! Aunt K
I think I'd rather go to Yosemite with a three year-old than have braised cabbage...
hey mel - you'd be surprised.
i do suspect the pho might have added something more? we had to try to this one right away - we also use your pizza dough every now and then. i'm not sure about nut loaf though. :)
I would like to nominate Mel's comment for Funniest Comment of the Year. :D
I have to admit, I'm a little scared of cabbage, as well. But maybe we'll give it a try. We are having cabbage on Wednesday - rice cake stir fry with cabbage and chicken. It is yummy.
Post a Comment