Even with the new camera, I can't take good food photos. Evidence? This is a picture of a pesto-in-progress. Hazlenuts, cilantro, mint, basil, garlic, oil, and lemon juice. I pretty much followed
this recipe, but it was pretty lemony, and I had to skimp on basil, using the last remnants from the garden. It was tasty, though. I served it with peas. The mushrooms were from the farmer's market. They turned into a mushroom ragout served with (not homemade) gnocchi. [Bonus points if you can identify the green fruit in the picture!]
.JPG)
The weather has been really nice lately, and we have been getting back into the swing of things. I finally got the Christmas decorations packed up, and whenever we get the front door fixed, the tree will go out that way. Oh yeah, we are trapped in our house. With the last big rain our doorframe swelled and warped, thus causing the metal screen door which is screwed to the wooden frame to jam, trapping us inside. Luckily we can go out the window. Okay, so we use the backdoor.
.JPG)
And sometimes we just have to curl up on the couch to recover from everyday life. Which reminds me of a story: Today as I was installing the carseat in the car at JT's school, I told him to stay towards the front of the car (the sidewalk and yard in front of his school), and as I pulled my head back out of the car, I saw him standing there pulling his underwear up and his pants around his ankles. Apparently he decided he needed to use the bush, but as he astutely pointed out, "there was no bush there!" The other parents walking in and out of school had a good laugh!
.JPG)
The winner of the last post bonus was: hmm, I am not sure anyone got it. Henry is a train from the books Thomas and Friends. A green steam engine, to be more precise, although if JT were awake he could tell you much more.
3 comments:
cherimoya?
I knew who Henry was!
And your cactus(?) blooms are gorgeous and well photographed.
I think cherimoya may be the answer, but I couldn't get it to enlarge. It looked a lot like a pinha with flattened sections. [http://www.the-wallpaper.net/wallpaper/979-ouro-preto-mg.html]
I hope the door begins to work--I didn't like it when our back door stuck and the windows were also stuck, even though I didn't ever really need it.
love to all, momsie/gma
Oops, Ouro Preto is pretty, but the pinha is at http://www.the-wallpaper.net/wallpaper/17091-pinha.html and it had big black seeds (not to eat) in edible soft white sweet flesh in each section.
momsie
Post a Comment