Then came Monday, and the boy had a fever. Tuesday he was a bit better, but stayed home from school. Wednesday, I snuck out in the morning for some exercise (this is week 3 of "get fitter year"), and while the boy and his dad were playing at home, his temperature was rising again. And then I started feeling sick myself. So, we are home again.
We were also sad to hear that one of my Great-aunts had passed away. I remember visiting my grandparents in Indiana one summer and all my grandfather's siblings came over. We made homemade ice cream - everyone got a turn turning the crank or adding salt to the ice. Then grandma scooped out a dish of that wonderful goodness for everyone. My great aunt G. was always laughing, and she lead us in a fun romp around the house and then we rolled in the tickly grass and looked up at the sunset.
3 comments:
Monster Basketball! LT will be so jealous. Ok, it's me that's jealous. We haven't got to play monster soccer in a while because it's always raining, which is good.
You have a good memory of Great Aunt G. I vaugely remember that day, I think, but I can't really remember G.
i think i remember magnets from Aunt G. - you only have to floss the ones you want to keep - and others, that we played with and stuck to all kinds of things in the basement.
hope everyone is feeling better. wish i could go to a farmers market now.
2 points! Good toss with that monster basketball! I was surprised at the size of it all, but it looks like fun!
Love, gma/momsie
Post a Comment