Sunday, November 18, 2007
Sometimes I feel terrible
How is it that I have lots of ideas about things to post, and then when I open blogger, my mind goes blank?
Ah, yes. I know what I was going to write: ABC, the channel, not the alphabet. I have a love/hate relationship with the folks there. I turned on the trusty TV at 9, ready to watch some Housewives, but instead there was a music award show. Blech. Award shows = not my favorite thing to watch and kill brain cells with. I would even choose to watch a pagent over them. But only if certain sisters were watching as well, because then we could have some laughs. But, l was able to watch an episode of another of their shows on-line, so the evening wasn't a complete waste in terms of killing brain cells. And Sunday nights, I really need an hour of that.
P.S. If I wrote about the weekend, I would mention that we went hiking with some friends, and I find it amazing how different our kids are. If he could, the boy on the right would just run and run and never notice that his parents weren't following. The boy on the left, on the other hand, hardly goes further than a few feet. Friday at the library (this time the public library in our neighborhood, which is small, but nice and also usually quite busy) he was reading a book, so I told him I was going into the next row to look for a book, and he should stay put. I could hear him telling the story to himself outloud, so I parked the stroller and the end and tried to quickly find a book. Then I realized he had stopped mumbling, and as I hurried out of the aisle, I heard a great quivering cry coming from the front of the library. Somehow he had gotten all the way to the check-out desk and was very, very sad that he couldn't find me. I wiped the elephant tears away and persuaded him to sit in the stroller. I can't believe I almost lost him at the library. I felt terrible.
[Oh. Another story!]
Not as terrible as...
Thursday we were getting ready for school, and I was trying to pull his shoes onto his feet. We bought him some high-tops with zippers on the side, thinking that we would have to tie the shoes less. Well, the shoes are about 1 1/2 cm too long, but that wasn't the problem. For some reason, I couldn't get his foot to go in the shoe, so I tugged a little harder, and suddenly my hand slipped and it flew up and hit the kiddo on the lip. He immediately burst into tears, and so did I. I hit my own kid across the face! Of course, my crying actually made him laugh, and his lip only bled a bit. But I felt terrible.
I think I will go give him a hug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Poor mom. Accidents happen. Don't be too hard on yourself!
LT is always crying because "I hurt myself."
I have a funny shoe story, too. LT's shoes were seeming a bit small so I took him to the shoe store and got the next half size (8) down and they wouldn't go on his feet. So then we measured and he was over a 9!! Oh no! He'd been wearing size 7-1/2. Oops. We got him some 9-1/2s then.
Post a Comment