Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Just me rambling on about this and that...




I am testing out blogger's latest feature - a video uploader, so here you have a piece of footage showing JT playing with his marble game. He had been playing for at least 15 minutes, singing a little song, but as soon as I got out the camera, he stopped singing. And then he did his babytalk-thing. That drives me nuts. And if I ask him to stop, he does it even more. If this video makes loading of the blog difficult, please comment.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to salvage my dingy-looking white towels? They are clean, but even with bleach, they look sort of dingy and dirty. I was thinking of dying them, but the only color I thought would match the bathroom is tan. Ho-hum. And I am not so sure how well the dye will work in our front-loading washing machine. Any crafty blog readers out there? We also have light blue towels, but I tend to think that white looks spiffier, and our walls in the bathroom are tan, white and green.

Yesterday afternoon/evening I redid a section of the yard by the lemon tree, tearing out the bermuda grass, and putting in some drought-resistant flowers. We'll see how they do! I also threw in some brocolli, bunny grass, and swiss chard seeds, but I am not sure they will sprout here. As you can tell in the picture, our grass is pretty sad-looking. I also tore out a section of lawn and reseeded it on Sunday, but it hasn't sprouted yet. (I unearthed a couple of those big rocks as I was preparing the area, but the others were around in various parts of the yard.)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

technical comment - i noticed no difference in loading time, etc.

back to normal commenting - song or not, he seems to be having a good time there. the yard looks good with the flowers - what is this bunny grass?

Anonymous said...

I can see that JT's marble "goes to, goes to, goes to..."! The video didn't seem to affect the loading here and it wasn't on Top Speed even.
Idea: Sometimes the bleach needs to be stronger in a bucket/sink of very hot water; soak for 30+ minutes and then wash as usual. Drying in sunshine may help.
I wonder if you are trying to attract bunnies? Or draw some away from the other garden? Looks nice!
Love you all, momsie/gma

Anonymous said...

I loved the video. It worked great.I know JT does a good job conversing. We had a good talk about the moon when I was there.
I have had good results with soaking in very hot water with bleach and yes sunshine does bleach. I heat water on the stove to boiling and then add bleach and soak till the water is nearly cold. This does wonders for my hand towels I use at the sink.
Hope your plants grow for you.
Love, Gt Gma

Steph said...

Wow! That's some marble game.

LT likes to use nonesense words sometimes, too, especially to be funny. Do you just not like it or is it supposed to be bad developmentally somehow?

No problem with loading here.

The backyard looks nice.

jk said...

maybe this will get some of my folks to start using the internet after all:

http://tainach.blogspot.com/

jk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.