
Tonight on PBS was an interesting look at the 2006 graduates of a new religoius training program in Morocco, which trained 50 women to be morchidats, sort of like chaplains; not preachers, since they don't lead prayers, but on the same standing as the state approved imams. It is an interesting program (both the one on TV and the one in Morocco). You can read about the program at:
www.pbs.org.
It is interesting to see how the filmmakers expose the various political meanings embedded in the graduates' experiences.
In other news, JT's friends are just too cute.
Who knows, maybe they will also end up being filmmakers for PBS? Or will PBS still be around then? I hope so.
In this picture, the boys are making their "cheese" faces.
3 comments:
that seems to be some interesting cheese there - do you ever wonder what they talk about amongst themselves?
Did he lose a friend? I though there were 3 of them. Did the other mom not want the picture up?
Yes, there were three. The other mom decided that she wanted me to pull all pictures of him off, so that is why I haven't updated yet - I was trying to replace the pictures with sanitized versions, and blogger keeps crashing. :(
Post a Comment