Sunday, November 17, 2013

Family Update

 Mr. Burli had to travel for work, and since he is responsible for the carpool 3 mornings a week and childcare during my evening class, it was really great of my mom to come out and lend a hand. I hope she had a nice time visiting with us, too.



The littlest guy sure enjoyed it!


The medium sized boy did, too. He is in a kitty phase. He invented a character, "Mr. Kitty-man," who wears a kitty costume and goes to pet stores. We stopped at a pet store so Tiny could see one in person. (There were no cats for sale, but there was at least one bird that looked like 'Lunch.')


Mr. Burli had to miss Halloween, but with my mom to watch the littlest guy and man the candy bowl at home, I was able to go out with "the Blue Boy from Polar Express" and a falconer.* (Yes, he is holding an eagle. That was the best I could do in the three day time frame I was given. We hit a couple thrift stores - where JT picked out the fancy jacket himself - and then I just went to the Zoo store where they had NO falcon stuffed animals. One older lady insisted he was dressed as Harry Potter. [Harry Potter has an owl, has glasses and does not wear a fancy jacket...] Also, not many neighbors knew who 'the blue boy' was, although those who knew the movie immediately said, oh yes. And only one person though he was dressed as Hugh He/fner.) We walked together with the neighbors and met up with another neighbor and had a great time and the boys had bulging candy bags by the time we returned home.



I tried to squeeze in a trip myself to NYC to overlap with the weekend Mr.Burli would have been there (technically, Long Island), but the tickets were expensive and then his trip was postponed for few days, so that was the end of that dream. Instead, my mom watched the kids for 2 nights so we could have our first ever kids-free get-away weekend! We stayed at a hotel in Del Mar, enjoyed the hot tub, pool and exercise room and went out to breakfast in Solana Beach (my coffee was the big one).


Actually, the highlight might have been seeing this kitten in the backpack.


I had hopes for a seafood dinner in Del Mar, but we ended up dropping off some milk for the baby at home (yes, we failed at the get-away aspect of the trip), touring an open house in South Park and eating in the gaslamp quarter at a Tapas place. It was delicious and maybe my dad was eating tapas in Spain at the same time!


Other highlights of the visit: the little guy tried beans for the first time at Rubio's. He liked them. He ate nearly the whole bowl. He also went for his 6 month check up (although he was closer to 7 months) and weighed 18 1/2 lbs and was 27 inches, I think, tall. He has no teeth, can scooch around backwards on his stomach or hop about while sitting, but he still occasionally falls over backwards.


Concentrate!


Hopefully I am not giving away any trade secrets by posting this picture of Mr. Burli hard at work.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The grandma says, "Yes, I really had a really nice time!"

just jenn said...

i probably shouldn't be, but i'm still laughing at the h/efner question. also, you could always invite mel and i out for a "visit" at the same time, so y'all could have a second kid-free getaway (i'm only volunteering mel because i think a tag-team would be necessary).