Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Bathroom Dreams


Almost Thanksgiving - turkey is ordered, I bought some burlap for a table runner (still smells funny) and the house is moderately clean. I just have to make it through class tomorrow even though I am sans babysitter (she has class AND is sick and everyone else has vamoosed). Meanwhile, Mr. Buli has nearly finished the attic pull-down door install (pics next time) and we are planning/dreaming of the bathroom. He did bring home a pocket door kit today, so I guess he is planning on going ahead with that after some hesitation the other day. (We haven't yet decided to do about the 3 sinking spots in our house - we waiting on a 4th proposal. Those deserve a post, too, but the prices range (so far) from $3K to over $20.)
So, here is one of my ideas (from BHG) for the bathroom:



I've found a soaking tub (Americh bow series) with the wrap-around apron like a vintage tub. (Many homes in the neighborhood still have these.) The question I have is: will I want to soak in a tub with my head inches from the toilet? There is a pony wall between the tub and toilet now, but we don't really want it. Or do we? What do you think?

And this is the sink I picked out (oops, forgot where I borrowed the image from) - probably painted a lighter blue or green-ish color. White hex tiles on the floor with medium grey grout, subway tiles for the bath area, beadboard on the other walls. I'll look for some more pictures...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

just jenn said...

i like that sink! from the first picture, are you thinking of doing the toile wallpaper, too?
i guess if you always put your feet by the toilet end, the tub would work without the short wall?
Happy Thanksgiving - hope you made it through class today. it was definitely a long, slow day at the office. :)

Chris said...

but the slopey end of the tub would be by the toilet...
we are trying to avoid moving plumbing unless necessary - will post some pictures to clarify. :)
and the wallpaper is nice - i am actually thinking of wallpaper, but not so pink - crazy?