Sunday, April 11, 2010

Recovery and Cuteness

Lest you think this recovery thing is all roses, let me assure you that it is mostly not. Yesterday afternoon I started feeling worse and had a fever of 100 or so, and my instructions say to call the doctor if the fever gets over 101. So I rested and then Mr. Burli brought the boys back from the train museum and park, and we worried about Tiny who had been lethargic all day. He had a fever, too, and his was at 101. So we comforted him as best as possible and this morning he seems to have recovered a bit. And his first tooth has finally come through the gum, so maybe it is a combination virus-teething thing. And I have a cough, possibly from the breathing tube/anesthesia. Yuck.
I did send Mr.Burli out to get the pain meds yesterday evening, but the pharmacy was already closed. I was all done with the suffering thing. But oddly enough, even without the medicine, I slept fairly well and only feel a little sore again today. It comes and goes, I suppose. Perhaps this afternoon will be rough again.
Enough about me!

Someone here is 10 months old!
He has discovered that he can push the stroller around. And he can yell loudly if you try and make him stop.



When he shakes his head NO, it really, really means no. He thinks he is a big kid!


He can wave and say 'bye-bye,' which is slightly different than his usual arm-raising and 'ba-ba' which means anything and everything else.

He loves to push a little monster truck around and attempt to pull the cat's tail. He will also walk around holding just one hand, but prefers crawling because he is quick! (Turn your back and he will be across the yard and heading into the garage to find some new wheels to play with.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your little guy is getting so big...actually both are growing up! and your deck looks really nice.

hope you're enjoying the nice weather. it's just now springing here...been cold.

keren

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of JT helping Tiny walk. That is so precious.
I hope you feel much better as the days go by.
Love, Gma/gtgma

Steph said...

Yes, that picture of JT helping Tiny walk is great! Brothers are so sweet!