Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Lost Food, photoless

Somehow I am really lost watching the show Lost. I missed the start of the season and now I can't seem to get caught up. In case you don't watch it, parts of the episodes took place at different times (flash-forwards and the reverse) and now there are flash-sideways - apparently an alternate reality? An interesting premise - what would have happened to the folks on the island had they never gotten to the island. Does anyone else watch this show? "What if this wasn't supposed to be our life?" Daniel asks. Some days I think everyone must feel that way.
***
Being 5 seems to agree with the boy. Most of the time, anyways. He is still the most pickiest eater around, but a while back he agreed to try 8 new foods. The rules were simple. He got a point if he ate a nice big bite and only half a point if the food came back out (in other words, if he gagged on it, which did happen), and then he would get a small toy. Tonight he tried the eighth item - pork. For some reason he claimed that he had never eaten pork before, and I assured him that it tasted like chicken. (He has eaten it before, liked it, and has also eaten pork schnitzel in Austria multiple times.) So he ate the pork! And I had cooked it in beer with onions and garlic (those he didn't touch). So now I have to order the toy. In interest of full disclosure, the rest of his dinner was an apple with peanut butter dipping sauce, a banana, and cheddar cheese, and he dipped the pork into ketchup, of course.

He LOVED Easter. He could hardly sleep from excitement about the Easter Bunny. So somehow he is able to both NOT believe in the Easter Bunny AND believe there is some kind of bunny (or rather, a network of bunnies) who hide eggs for all the kids in, well, in California, anyways. I think he woke up 4 times. Each time he wanted us to come and tell him if it was 5 o'clock yet - he couldn't look at the clock because he had to cover his eyes so the Easter Bunny would come.

And some other fun things he has told me lately:

I don't want to be a Lego builder [designer] anymore. Now I want to make movies. Like Dinosaur Train. [Too much PBS Kids here.]

I used to like movies. Now I like books. I love books. Maybe I can write a book and give it to the library. Or we can make our house a library!

2 comments:

Steph said...

JT is so cute!

What did the Easter Bunny bring? How did he get so excited about it? Did he read a book about it or have some friends who were looking forward to the EB?

What toy did he pick out as his prize? Just curious what he is interested in these days!

Anonymous said...

his mind definitely works in mysterious ways...it's so interesting!

keren