Hopefully I can type this post without the baby waking up. For some reason, he can sense the computer and wake up. Really, he was a good sleeper. I think he must be going through a growth spurt. He does like to go to bed and wake up several times before really going to bed. Luckily the big brother can now FINALLY go to sleep without me sitting on the end of his bed. I can now put him to bed, stay a few minutes, and walk away... some of the time, anyways.
So, to catch you up. We celebrated the start of fall and much cooler weather (it was 50 in Julian that day) with a trip to the pumpkin patch and then to Julian for apple-picking.
A few days later, we got a delivery.
Oops, wrong picture. But the neighbor did bring over this bumbo chair. We tried it out. I am not sure if Tiny liked it or not, and I am also not sure how good it is for his back, so we will let him use it once in a while.
Ok, here is the correct picture.
And then Mr. Burli rented a hammer drill thingee, and after drilling his holes (through the cement patio to epoxy in some post holders) and taking tile off the steps, he decided we should take out some concrete. I wasn't good at it, but he had a technique down right before it got dark, so that was the end of that. (The machine went back in the morning, so now we just have a square of cement taken out rather than a larger plant-bed sized area.)
And now I have to get to bed. Last week was difficult and exhausting... a parent-teacher conference for JT and then I went and observed him at his school, looked into other preschools, tried not to panic, Mr. Burli took Friday off to work on the deck, we went to a fundraiser (I wore my lederhosen), the boys had a babysitter, I had to move the herb garden to the front yard, etc., etc. ![]()
2 comments:
best picture of tiny ever - i love the matching haircut with the fuzzy llama? alpaca? new pet??
and omgoodness, you guys are crazy. i need to import you to help my poor house! (in your/my spare time)
bummer on the pie though.
Do Tiny and llama have the same hair sylist? :)
Yes, you guys are doing a lot of house stuff! Don't feel bad about not doing everything at once, if you want to take a break. Don't want to get burned out!
Oh, and definitely bummer on the pie.
Post a Comment