The weather report here is ... drought and more drought. Not a drop of rain yet. But it has been foggy several mornings in a row. And I finished the courtyard, phase 1. See:

Yes, I know you are thinking, Chris, that doesn't look very interesting. But really, I did do something. I tore out the grass and about 2 inches of the topsoil, then Mr. Burli jackhammered it into bricks which I smashed, then I worked in 5 bags of topsoil. part of a bag of gypsum, a bag of steer manure, 2 bags of compost, some leaves, and then we topped it with some mulch. Mr. Burli also made some trellises for the jasmine-bush-thingee plants (which were there when we moved in) and ripped out a smallish Mexican fan palm and its offspring. So one day I will move on to phase 2, which will involve plants (I am thinking this should be a butterfly/bird garden), a path with flagstones and creeping thyme, and some more flowers. Lots of flowers. And maybe a lemon tree.

In other random news, JT and I went to see the Cloudy movie this weekend. He managed to stay until almost the very end when it got a bit too scary for him and we stayed in the exit hall to watch that part. He loves the book and even though he knew that the movie would be very different than the book, he really, really, really wanted to see the movie. I am still not sure whether he liked the movie or not. He hasn't said too much. He also got crafty on Friday and made a card for his cousin, who just turned 5. Happy birthday LT. (Evidence of card-making: craft cupboard explosion.)
The littlest Burli started sticking out his tongue, like his big brother used to. He also likes to blow bubbles and spit up on me. What fun!
Oh brother!
1 comment:
Love the doodlebugs!
You guys are doing so much work. When do you have time for a break?
Post a Comment