Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last Days of Summer

One more week and then JT goes back to preschool (three days a week). Some of us (that would be me) are really looking forward to that! In the meantime, we have been enjoying ourselves when not sweltering in the heatwave. One evening we went to the zoo (well, that was before the heat wave), we have had friends over, I made some delicious savory zucchini bread (of course, I fiddled with the recipe, using only 2 Tablespoons of butter and instead throwing in a scoop of yogurt and using a mix of gruyere and parmesan cheeses) and herb butter (see- reduce the butter IN the bread so more can go ON TOP of the bread), we filled up our pool (I went for a dip the other night at 10 pm, it was still so hot), and just sat around sweating. I have to get a little yardwork (digging out some grass) before my shade is gone in the front, so enjoy the pictures for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are all looking good, even if you aren't feeling cool. You've had lots of good summer adventures--hope you enjoy your fall as much. That baby sure is growing fine and the brother pics are wonderful.
love to all, momsie/gma

Steph said...

That first shot is a classic!

Baby S is almost as big as the little girl trying to hold him! Everyone looks good!

Anonymous said...

very cute pictures. the boys are really growing up!

k