Thursday, January 22, 2009

Weekend Yet?


I am so behind on blogging. It took me all day to think of something for my students to do in section tomorrow - and then I realized that Obama quoted Thomas Paine in his inaugural speech, so I could use that as a starting point. So, now that is done and the bathroom is occupied, so I can blog for a minute.
This week:
1. We ate shrimp quesadillas with mango salsa (yum), pork tenderloin with orange-rosemary sauce and mashed potatoes (note to self: insert link to recipe), and the first broccoli from the garden.
2. It was supposed to rain. It hasn't yet, but I already put the fertilizer on the yard. Rain already!
3. We went to the zoo on Monday with our neighbor girl and then babysat her again on Tuesday.
4. We made peppermint bark (the simple version - chocolate chips melted with a splash of mint extract, then a layer of white chips and then crushed candy canes) - that was on the too-do list since early December.
5. I washed JT's curtains. They were dusty. Oh my. Now I need to wash the windows and hang them back up...
6. JT watched the news and asked what "war" was - he really didn't need to see the phosphorous bombs used by Israel in the Gaza Strip.
7. We started to plan his birthday party - "no girls allowed" (apparently moms are allowed, however).
8. I returned one Christmas gift - unfortunately Auntie M, even though JT absolutely LOVES a certain monkey, he would not put on the very cute shirt you bought him. (Don't ask me why not, he couldn't explain it to me either.) So we got some stripy socks - even some "rainbow" socks which he had on his Christmas list!
9. Um, that is all. Must go to bed. However, I can't end on an uneven number...
10. Oh. I looked up the names we had picked out for JT before he was born - because we need another BOY name!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

just jenn said...

note to C: please link yummy pork tenderloin recipe? i bought pork shoulder today with the intent of pulled bbq one of these days, but we shall see.