Here are my thoughts for the day:
1. Hide all Christmas presents as they arrive otherwise your almost-4-year-old will ask every 5 minutes to open them. (Thanks Aunt J and other Aunt J for this train - we acquiesced on one present tonight.)
2. If your son says he doesn't want to ride home with another child and that child's parent, he probably doesn't. And if you tell him that you have an exam and cannot pick him up and he realizes that this is the case when you are not there to pick him up from preschool, then he will have such a fit that he will throw up all over himself and force said child and parent to play in the parking lot for an hour until you can get there. (That eevening I spent way too much time googling things to figure out whether such behavior is normal or not. I am still on the fence with that one.)
3. Never buy caramel dipping sauce again. It is amazingly easy to make. If I can make it, so can you. I used this recipe (1 cup sugar + 1/4 cup water + 1 Tbsp. corn syrup, boiled until amber, add 1/2 cup warm heavy cream, 2 Tbsp. butter and then 1 tsp. vanilla) and it even looks like the picture on that guy's blog! (I put it in the same square Ball jar, just since he did.) I even made some for a quick Christmas present for our friends today. Maybe I should try and take a picture of mine.

2 comments:
1. you're welcome. :)
2. eek. i don't know the answer to this one at all. although i'm sure i upset myself terribly as a kid, i don't think i would have actually barfed? i hate[d] throwing up.
3. that looks amazing. and tastier than the plastic tub o' preserved caramel that's been sitting in our cupboard for a very long time.
About number 2, eh. Jack is REALLY serious about what he says also. If he tells you he does not want to do something and you try and force him it will go terribly, terribly wrong. LOL I am not sure there will be barf involved, but there will be something dreadful.
Post a Comment