Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I am not so Computer Savvy

(Image: Friday evening pizza-makers, heatwave-style.)

Yes, we are still here. I am slowly adjusting to the new computer system at our house. After the great computer crash of '08, I was downgraded to a slower, older computer, the pictures were moved to the desktop, and now I have to download and grab the pictures over there before posting. None of this is very complicated, but I couldn't find the usb port on the desktop (after rooting around in the dark under the desk with the dustbunnies, I just waited until the hubster came home), then the dvd drive was mysteriously switched out (and a library dvd - the backyardigans - went missing, but it returned home today), and well, that is about all. One of these days I should take a picture of our office. Last week we had 6 laptops and one desktop sitting around. Yes, 4 of those laptops are "mine." I still have my first laptop ever, the Micron. Used for many dial-up hours in Vienna to help come up with English lessons for the tourism-school. Then there was the Compaq, which got me through grad school until... Well, I am not sure why it was retired, but it was. Then there was the Toshiba. With a HUGE screen selected for the purpose of watching DVDs in bed. A huge screen that I did not like because the darn computer did not fit in to any decent-looking computer bag. And now I am working on a Sony Vaio, which somewhat reminds me of the Micron because of the way the keyboard feels. But it doesn't have the cute little blue trackball. It does, however, have a wireless card, which is kind of antiquated. But at least it works and doesn't crash at random times.

Hmm, where was I? I was going to post about something else, but now I have to solve the dilemma of "we're out of dish soap, so I can't do the dishes."

(Image: Heatwave has broken, we can return inside and actually vacuum the floors. Correction, JT will spend a good hour putting tiny bits of dust, etc. into the vacuum tube.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice picture of the pizza makers! and love the little helper with the manual vacuum!
With love, mom/gma

just jenn said...

please send JT to visit - our vacuum cleaner is not working so great these days; his method might be more efficient.

Steph said...

I wonder what happened to my Micron??

JT is cute as always. Corn on the pizza looks very tasty... might have to try that. What else do you like on it?