Maybe this picture is from 1998, perhaps in the fall, I am not sure. Somehow it made its way into my computer. Ten years ago:
I had graduated from college the year before and went to live in Vienna.
I had a nice pair of brown shoes, or maybe I had already gone back to black. (In 1995 I decided that brown was my black.)
I wore turtlenecks. I still own one black one, just in case I am in an old-style poet mood.
My littlest sister was still in high school. (Is that right?)
I had never owned a car.
I wasn't worried about global warming.
I was somewhat open to nuclear energy. (However, having watched another nuclear winter movie - Testament - I think nuclear energy is a TERRIBLE idea. Just awful. I mean, what will we do with all that nucelar waste? Think, people! Find a different solution.)


4 comments:
This picture is no later than 1997 - probably 1996. That shirt I am wearing is from a faternity formal from February of 96 and I don't think I ever wore it again after fall of 97. (After I didn't get into the sorority, I disowned that sort of thing. Awww... painful memories!)
I had barely even heard of global warming, I think!
Memories! That scarf is my first Christmas present from Dad and I still have it! Mom
i always wondered about that scarf... hmmm. anyhow, i like the new layout. and is it bad that i'm still not 100% convinced nuclear energy is horrible. eh. maybe i am. i'm not sure.
Wow I look happy in that picture! and no global warming concerns for me at that time - just clearasil!
Post a Comment