Unbelievable Number 1: I looked at a blog today (laundry pile), I can't remember what I was looking for, or how I went there, but somehow I did, and the blog was interesting and well-written, and funny. And the woman has 6 kids. And she isn't even 30.
And then I looked at some other woman's blog (screaming masses), and she also has six kids. And she makes them breakfast - and that doesn't mean handing out the cereal bowls. And she makes their lunches. And she seems awfully darn happy.
Today, when JT called out "Mama" for the 12,435th time, I felt like screaming. (Dislaimer: Most of the time I don't, and usually he is so cute that I don't mind. BUT having a needy child is very demanding.) How can some people cope with six kids screaming "Mama"? I can only imagine that it must get somewhat easier as the kids get older. It isn't hard all the time, with one, just some of the time - when you just need a little break and you don't get one. When you are stressed out because you can't seem to get a little 15 page paper to come out right (I have given up on it being intellectually stimulating or even "good" - it just needs to be okay), then you start to imagine that the more-than-10-times-longer-dissertation will never be accepted, and that the dissertation advisors will expose you for the fraud you are! (Ack! Supposedly this is a stage that most CPhil's go through. That doesn't do much to console me, though.)
Did I mention that we eat cereal for breakfast 6 days a week? Okay, JT usually eats oatmeal and yogurt, but I imagine that he will switch to cereal soon, especially since he loves to eat JK's mooshy concoctions.
Unbelievable thing number 2: Did you hear about the Austrian girl who was kidnapped and kept in a little room for 8 years? Huh. (This link might not work if you aren't registered with NYTimes, but it is free, so you should be!)
That's it for now. JK is in the backyard building unbelievably complicated computer-y thingees, and I need to read some sleep!
1 comment:
OMG I was totally going to blog about thing #1 today--what is UP with these moms who have the freakig bluebirds on their shoulders all the time, and yet I ground my teeth for so much of today because of D's whiny, screamy behavior that I fear I ground my molars into total stubs???
And why do we have to feel like we need to put a disclaimer on feeling that way?? Like anyone's going to take that snippet from the gushing tomes we've written about our child and use it to make a case for CPS to come and get him??
I think it's because of stories like #2. Because I know I'm lucky just to have a generally happy, healthy, well-adjusted kid who hasn't had anything horrible happen to him.
What a great post!!
Post a Comment