Tomorrow Grandma is leaving. Poor us. JT has really enjoyed his time with her, and he has enjoyed some spoiling. Today, I helped spoil him with some ice cream (known as "eye-soft" in JT-ese). I enjoyed not always having to be the one to get him to eat more dinner, stay still for a diaper change, etc. And I did spend some mornings at the coffee shop, having writer's block over a latte. Next week, it will be just the two of us, and I have plans to work on another paper, organize my desk, finish up his bedding, redecorate his room (somewhat), and of course, the regular stuff - buying food, transforming food, eating food, cleaning up after the food, chasing dust bunnies, letting Diego the cat out from under the porch, playing soccer, writing emails, and finding, printing, reading, and taking notes on articles that are much more eloquently written than anything I could do myself.
So, have a safe flight, grandma! Thank-you! (Or rather, "DUN-dun".)
2 comments:
What a great picture!
What a great picture!
Post a Comment